Wednesday, June 23, 2010

God's Plan


"We realized that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned."

Offer it up, my parents say all the time. When I was a kid this annoyed the hell out of me. "But I'm in control! How can I let God have it?" I could never understand why you have to let go in order to have things turn out right.

So I held on to control. I tried to control my mom and all the situations there. I tried to hold on to every situation and turn it to my will. I asked God for things, instead of asking what he wanted from and of me.

Through AA readings, I've seen that the original advice of my parents still holds. I have to let go and let God. I have to look at situations and ask Him what he wants me to do. I have to let things happen as they may, and hope that they turn out the way I would like. And if they do, I can thank God for that. If they don't, maybe it's not the right time or place.

Right now, I'm still wishing and hoping for things, but I'm also hoping that soon I'll be able to offer it up to God when something is coming, or when something happens in my life. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment