Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Don't be discouraged


The topic the other night was discouragement. I've been discouraged in my life, but definitely by the program of AA. It was such a difference moving cross country, and then getting involved with the young people, which I should have known wasn't my scene. What's sad is I spent almost a year at my dads and never found a meeting I felt like I could call my home group, but I've been up north 2 months and I miss the people at my Tuesday meeting. AA feels more comfortable up here. I like these people: they're real.

So yeah, I was discouraged, and I backed away for a time. But I also came to realize that I feel better when I go to meetings. It strengthens me for the day to come. I like to hear everyone's stories and listen to the laughter. It's good for me.

I think I'm going to hit a noon meeting, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment