Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mail snails


Why does the mail take so freaking long? Something mailed from one town over should get here the next day, right? Whatever. I'm just impatient. I know this. My refund check from school should be coming, and I want to pay off my credit cards. It will feel so good to do so. I can't wait! My refund is exactly $.75 short of what I owe. I think I can cover that.

I'm also waiting, not patiently, for my check from unemployment. It's been forever, and I've received notices that they have taken taxes out, but no money. I'm very frustrated, as I'm living off my last $300. I don't have the money to do anything, from gas up my car to buy groceries. Sigh.

So I'm frustrated at the mail, hoping that it's the post office and not the incompetence of EDD, which it usually is. They are going to get a nasty letter once I'm done with them. They have been nothing but rude and late. You would think that as a service organization they might have better customer service.

I should probably get some sleep instead of focusing on the mail. Which isn't going to come, because it's Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment