Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dinner without drinks



Ok, so I know there's a kind of dumbness to my wonderment, but I'm blaming it on being sober and never really experiencing life before. Adam and I went out to dinner tonight, to a nice place, and had a bunch of really good food. And guess what? We didn't have to drink a bottle of wine with it for it to taste good. We could have coffee, not cognac, after dinner. Imagine that - You can still enjoy a nice meal, maybe even enjoy it more, without alcohol! I never would have thought of that before.

Before, in order to have a nice night I would have had to pick out a nice bottle of wine for before dinner, one for during, and maybe an after dinner port or something. Eating was a drinking affair. Now, eating is just that - eating. It's something you do for the pleasure of itself, not in order to drink more and get drunk. Life isn't all about getting drunk.

Funny how that is, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment