Friday, November 12, 2010

Smokey smokey


Ok, this is both hilarious and horrible. The FDA is putting those pictures on cigarettes now to discourage people from smoking. Take a look at the pictures. Corpses, really guys?

We've talked about this before, here. Would this really discourage people? It's so outrageous that I think it will just make people ignore the packs after a while. Sure, it might be good to discourage people who don't smoke, like kids, but anyone who still smokes isn't going to stop just because they get a visual reminder of what they're doing to their bodies.

I just finished a pack, and don't have cigarettes on reserve. I'm thinking I won't buy another pack. I know last time it made me crazy, but I'm hoping that now that I'm back on a running kick I'll be able to do something constructive with that energy. I keep thinking of quitting, anyway. I feel more winded lately. I don't like the feeling I have in the morning, either, of tightness of chest.

So we'll see how long this time lasts. Let's hope I can make it a week. After a week it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment