Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hypomania is fun!


So it's 1:30am and I'm awake, wishing that Michael or someone was still up so I could chat with somebody. I've already exhausted a few avenues on the internet, and I'm currently reprogramming my phone. What does all this mean? I think I'm hypomanic. I'm not feeling like spending my money or traveling, but I can't sleep and I'm thinking about way too many things at once. And I'm smoking.

I'm taking my meds, though the dosage changes all the time. It just depends on what free dose the doctor has. The drug companies give him free samples and he gives them to me, so I've been on 15mg, 5mg, and now 10mg of the same stuff. He just gave me a big bag full of more today, so I should be fine for the summer while I'm away.

So what can I do about this? Is mania coming? I don't think so. I don't feel like it's going to get out of control. I feel like I'm just a little high, but not dangerously so. I think it will be good to get me through the summer. Oh! Wait! Look at me, displaying addict behavior. "I like this high. If I can just maintain it...."

So what do I really do? I think I'll split the 10mg and stay on a consistent 5mg for a while and see if that balances things out. It should even out within the week, and if I still can't sleep next week then I'll have to call the doc and see what to do. I've got to make sure I'm taking the best care of myself that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment