Thursday, February 17, 2011

Abilify I love you


I'm still thinking about how I'm going to get the doc to keep me on Abilify. I mean, it's approved for adjunct therapy with lithium, so it's not like I'm off label. I wouldn't be taking it long-term when you're not supposed to; it's encouraged for people with bipolar 1, which I have apparently morphed into.

Morphed? You say? But Anne, you always had psychosis and severe depression with alternating psychotic mania. No, I didn't. I used to just get really depressed and occasionally I would get up and spend money and sleep with people. Party a lot. The depression has gotten deeper over the years, and the psychosis is new. I don't think I'm too bizarre on the outside, but my thoughts get really bad. So it's moved to bipolar I over the years.

And what's a good treatment for bipolar I symptoms? Abilify! Or it's cousins. But I've been through them. I mean, not Geodon, but Zyprexa (made me fat), Seroquel (puts me to sleep). Abilify really works. Ok, so I end up a little hypomanic, but I'll take the credit card debt over psychotic depression.

So how do I get him to keep me on it? I guess I just have to beg and plead. I'm sure he can get me into the patient assistance program, which should cut down the cost significantly. It really works for me, doc, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment