Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back on bc?


I've always wondered what your menstrual cycle does to bipolar. Since I haven't been on birth control, I've been a lot more depressed.

Anyway, "premenstrual mood exacerbation may be a clinical marker predicting a worse presentation and course of bipolar disorder in reproductive-age women." In other words, yes, your menstrual cycle does have an effect on your moods. Kind of a duh, but in some women with bipolar it really has an effect. I think that might be me. I've been noticing in the past year that before my period I hit a point of depression, and after I get a little manic. I've noticed it's a monthly cycle up up and down, and it's tied in with my period. I know you wanted to know this.

I suppose I should go back on birth control and see if that does something.

No comments:

Post a Comment