Friday, February 25, 2011

Released to the wild


I let go a little today, and traded in 5 boxes of books for $15. I know! I was almost appalled at how little could be offered for my treasures, but I let them go all the same. I want to them to have a good home. I want people to find them on the shelves of that rinky dink bookstore and wonder, "Will this be as good as it looks?" And for the majority of them, I can say yes. I've read and loved each of those books, and each one is it's own special piece.

I sat in my storage space this morning and went through my boxes one by one. 15 boxes of just books, and I managed to let go of a third. I think that's major progress. It made me want to dig deeper in to storage. What else can I let go of? What else don't I need in my life? I can't think of anything in there but the dried goods that I could get rid of. I really had a pared down life. I didn't collect, except books and art.

I found my taxes, too, though a few weeks too late. I also found a vision board I made last year for Jennifer's birthday. I didn't look at it. I know it's bright and positive. It is colorful and cheery, with a melancholic undertone. I just know. That's what my visions are always like.

No comments:

Post a Comment