Saturday, June 19, 2010

Telling a story


I've finally told all of my close circle of friends that I've joined AA. I got great reactions all around - really supportive.

My closest friend whined a little about not having someone to drink with, but she was proud that I'd done something I felt I needed to do. So last night, sitting with my friend Angela, I had a nice glass of Snapple in a wine glass. It was like drinking Rose with aspartame. Not so bad! It gave me the feeling of participating, and I think it made her more comfortable, too.

This morning, I met with my last friend and she was incredible. The moment I told her she said yes, she agreed. She realized the state of me and the power of the program to help a person in my condition. She gave me a sense that it's really true, I really needed help, and that felt good.

No one tried to talk me out of it, which is nice.

I have 24 days now. It feels really good. I chose this and I'm determined to keep going. I am happy to be here. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment