Monday, June 14, 2010

It's all clear to me now


It's amazing how clear your head can be when you're not hungover.

I've noticed in the past few days how much better I can think. Not like suddenly I'm a genius or anything, but some how my fog has lifted. I always thought it was just depression, but I think it may have had something to do with the booze....

I also have a shit ton of energy. I've been cleaning house and my backyard like crazy. One night after work, instead of killing a bottle of wine, I killed some bamboo. Well, ok, so I just trimmed it down to a nice column. I also got down on my hands and knees and cut weeds with a trimmer. I don't have a lawn mower or a goat, though my dog does love to eat grass. I also found a dead squirrel among the weeds, but he hadn't been dead long. I suppose if I hadn't gotten off my ass and cleaned, my dog might have found him first and rolled on him. Ugh.

My favorite pass time, reading, has also come back to me. For months I just couldn't read anything. Now I have 5 books open and I'm highlighting good sections. I'm reading a great book called "Care of the Soul," written by a therapist who talks about the different aspects of soul and how to give yours the room to grow and thrive. It's really an interesting take on inner life.

All this energy keeps me busy enough to not notice that I would usually be drinking while doing all these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment