Friday, December 3, 2010

I hate health care


So I'm fighting with the health insurance companies again. I tried to fill my prescriptions with my discount card, and it was still $2,000 for one med for 90 days. The other two were close to $1,000 each, and there were no generics. Jesus. I couldn't even put that on my credit card!

I called medicaid and they denied me because I have a pre-existing condition. That's right, kids, they can totally deny you because you have bipolar disorder, even if you've been covered by the same company for years before. Until 2014, they can still deny you. So every company denied me, and someone told me about a "high risk" insurance I could call. I called, and they need an official denial letter from an insurance company, so I'm applying AGAIN just to get the letter.

How incredibly frustrating. But I need meds now. I'm going to be out soon, and I need them in the mail. So I went to Canada drugs and got my meds, prescription free (which I wish I had known before I spent $200 on the psychiatrist). It was still $967 for 90 days of all my meds, where it used to be $90, but that I can stick on a credit card and pay slowly. How depressing to add more debt!

No comments:

Post a Comment