Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The job process


Got another rejection today from somewhere I interviewed. That's 3 out of 8 so far. We'll see what the rest of them do. I'm not holding out hope anymore. No one has called my references, and the only one I'm super qualified for is one I haven't heard a peep from despite them saying they were going to get back to me the next week (a month ago). I think that one would be nice, but we'll just have to wait.

Since the holidays are coming up, I'm not going to hold my breathe for a good job to show up on the searches, either. Nothing is coming up in the past few days, and I wouldn't expect to hear from anyone until after New Year's anyway.

So I probably wouldn't get a job until February, assuming interviews in January. My benefits run out in March, so please oh please I need a job before then. I really don't want to go back to making $11 an hour for really hard labor and long hours at a retail job. Plus, everyone does inventory in January, which would suck. They lock you in overnight and you count everything. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment