Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Intervention


So I can't sleep, and I turned on the tv. Guess what was on? Intervention. I love that show. I love watching tragedy turn to a happy ending, which it usually does. Sometimes these stories are super sad, and the families are always so miserable. The episode on is about Marquel, an alcoholic.

So far, she's running from the intervention. Her family just tried to come into her apartment to talk to her and she ran away. Her dad is following her through the streets of their town trying to talk to her. It's pretty depressing.

I'm so glad my family never had to see me like that. I kept everything separate from them. They only saw me drink a few glasses of wine and then disappear at night with my friends. I would stumble in after they were all in bed and no one would see me. Or I would stay up until they all went to bed, and then I would have a few more. I'm glad they were all pretty clueless about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment