Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It works if you work it


"Faith without works is dead."

You have to work this program. God can give you the tools, but you've got to use them. One of the great tools is listening to other people tell their stories - really listening to them instead of being up in your head about it.

"Your brain isn't there to think," said one guy tonight. "I thought, 'I'm an intelligent girl, I shouldn't have to ask anyone else,'" said another girl.

I think I'm an intelligent girl. This month has been about asking for help when I need it. I have been calling people when I'm feeling crazy, or asking my parents for help with my life. I've been networking with people to help find a job. I've been reaching out for the first time in my life. I'm listening to God, and using the tools that He gave me. And I'm trying not to think too much. I need to shut up the committee that's telling me I'm stupid and useless, and shiftless. I need to just listen to God and move along at His pace. I'm intelligent, yes, but I need His help to be a better person. I've got to give up being the director, and let Him take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment