Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Take your drugs!


Had lunch this afternoon with my mentor and a man I met in the rooms. I was trying to hook one up with another because they're in the same field, and the AA kid is looking for a job. I think it went well.

When he was driving me back home, he said he had to ditch a sponsee one time because the kid was taking prescription speed (probably Adderall), and so he couldn't "in good conscience" sponsor him. He said the kid found another sponsor who also told him to quit, and he did. I wonder how that kid is doing now without his meds.

These people scare me. It takes a lot to get on meds and believe in them, so it seems cruel to get someone off of medication. I'm going to ask my sponsor tonight what she believes about taking medications, and tell her goodbye if she doesn't approve. I'm worried about getting involved with these people. It just seems like a bad idea. Maybe I'll call her now and tell her I'm looking for someone a bit older and slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment