Monday, October 4, 2010

The weekend


It's amazing; I made it through the wedding without drinking. I used my tools: I kept a diet Coke in my hands the entire time, I called other alcoholics, I took breaks where I didn't have to be around the drunks. It went well, though hanging out with the bridesmaids all day while they were drinking was really tempting. But I made it.

A friend of mine says to be careful this week, since I'm probably a little on edge still from going through that and so many other changes. It has only been a week since I moved here, and only two since I was fired. I am eating like crazy, and smoking a lot, but we'll see if I can buck up and run more.

I'm going to that women's retreat this weekend in the city. I hope I can find a sponsor or at least some good women to talk with. I've been calling my contacts from where I moved from, but I know I need some local ladies to call and be able to hang out with. I'm also going to lunch with a friend of mine who doesn't drink, which will be nice.

I am getting a little stressed. I'm sleeping a lot more. I'm trying to stay out of that pattern. Maybe I should go for a run tomorrow morning and start my week over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment