Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Enlightenment


She's talking about Lindsey Lohan, but I think it applies:

She, like so many other young adults, are never able to access their purpose because they are too busy numbing their feelings. Only that tiny voice of wisdom can be heard from their higher power, Buddha, God, Jesus, Allah, or higher self when they remove all the destructive behavior their lives encompass. Only when they embody their true and enlightened nature, will they find the peace and serenity they so desire.

Only when you embody your true and enlightened self. Spirituality is an important part of life, as well as recovery. You don't have to define what that higher power is, but in order to find serenity one must look outside of themselves.

I've been listening for that tiny voice. I've been trying to clear my mind of all the muck, and just open my heart to hear what God's been trying to tell me through all these trials. There's got to be a reason, a purpose to these things. Perhaps God just wanted me to be home for some reason, and he wanted me here now? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment