Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stress = relapse


This is another one of those "no shit" kind of articles.

"...high levels of a stress hormone in recovering alcoholics could increase the risk of relapse."

Well, of course they can. That's why the program suggests not making changes in the first year, because changes cause stress and stress can lead to relapse. Also, when you're dealing with so much stuff in your life your program can fall by the wayside. That's why I'm making a concerted effort to put myself into the program here in every way I can. I'd like to attend the womens overnight next weekend, and I called and left a message for the lady who is running it. I'd like to at least find a temporary sponsor.

I am stressed. I know this. But I'm working with it and trying to let it all go to God. It's his plan, I'm just living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment