Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finally, a run


I finally went for a run and had a long time to think. Man am I slow without Michael by my side. He keeps me running at a pace, instead of running and then shuffling, and then running and shuffling.

Running is nice and peaceful, even with an iPod. I ran down through the streets to the river and along the cemetery. I ran past four bridges and turned around to run back through the willow trees and wildlife refuge. I smiled at runners and they smiled back for a change. One even waved. I got a lot of alone time in, which I haven't been able to get since I've been back, except in sleep, where I don't want to be alone.

I didn't really think about anything. That's another nice thing about running. You have a lot of time to think, but it clears your mind of anything but thinking about your form or the sound of your feet hitting the wooden bridge. The slick pavement and the leaves floating to the ground in slow, slow circles. Such peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment