Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tell me a story


I know there are a lot of people who hate when people talk at meetings and ramble on for a long time, but I love it. People always have something interesting to say even when they super ramble.

Today, this guy came in and talked about how he was an arrogant ass who didn't care about anything. He's got 6 kids, and all but one has been in jail. He claims to be a warrior. But he admitted that at his bottom, he dropped to his knees and cried to God, help me. And now, he's a softy. I thought that was a nice story. A man so taken over by the disease that he didn't care about anything and through the power of AA and his higher power, he was able to gain a life of some sort.

People's stories are fascinating. I love to listen to their "experience, strength, and hope." I even love to read the stories in the Big Book and find the things that I can identify with. For me, it's the people who make this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment