Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lipstick makes me feel better


For some reason, just the act of putting on lipstick can brighten my day. I suppose it's the feeling of actually doing something for myself. A little self-care. I don't know. But it definitely makes me feel better.

I have a great pinkish coral shade I found in Paris that I love to wear. It's really bright, and definitely a statement. I wore it on my birthday. I love to put it on. It just makes me feel empowered for some reason! Right now I put on a pale pink. It was the first one I saw on my counter, and it seemed like the way to go today.

I've been thinking about makeup lately. I don't wear any unless I'm going out on a special occasion. I'm just really too lazy to do it everyday, and I never thought I needed it. But lately I've been thinking about how uneven my skin tone is becoming. I don't know if it's aging or the change in climate, but I think I might need to start wearing makeup. I have some, and I like it. It's really light and almost invisible. Perhaps I'll start experimenting while I'm unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment