Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Never a dull moment


I have no maternal instinct. I was hanging out over at Diane's with her three year-old and I had him in my lap. "You're the only person in the world who wouldn't be kissing his head or trying to cuddle with him. You're just sitting there." Like a chair. What? I felt fine, but I was almost uncomfortable. Kids kind of scare me. I don't really like them, either. They're loud and messy and demanding. I'm ok without all of that. I don't get the emotional benefits a lot of people seem to get from hanging out with kids. I think if I had kids it would just be to fit in, and that seems more selfish than anything else.

So I'm pretty sure I don't want kids. Maybe someone else's teenagers or something, but I'm ok without the whole having a baby thing. I like the independent life. Hell, I have trouble staying in a relationship or a job longer than 2 years. How can I commit to a lifetime job? I'd get so sick of it....

Anyway, I'm worried that Diane's ex is going to hurt her. He's pretty abusive and doesn't seem to understand the rules of the world - like you have to pay your bills, clean your own house, and yes, the rules like traffic laws apply to you. He doesn't care about their son at all, he just wants to keep control of Diane. She's slowly pulling away, and I think he's showing anger. I really hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Jesus, her life is a mess, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment