Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What causes this?


Insomnia can be caused by any number of things including anxiety, depression, mania, medications, caffeine, or just changes. Of course, my life is full of all of these. So how to pinpoint the cause? I suppose I could say it started when I changed my medication, so the most likely culprit is the Celexa. But I'm also really anxious about the job situation this week, and feeling my depression more. So who the hell knows what it is? All I know is I can't sleep.

I'm sure I'll be tired tomorrow and then want to take a nap because I have nothing to do with my day. And then I'll sleep for an hour and feel great, and not sleep again tomorrow night. But my body feels fine without sleep. Which is worrisome. That's always a mania sign. But I'm not impulsive or destructive, so I don't think mania is here, or coming. I think I'm just... awake.

And the bigger problem is that now that everyone else is asleep and I'm alone to stare at the computer, I just want to eat. I'm not hungry, but the kitchen is calling me. Boredom eating. Blech. And there's nothing good in there, anyway. Just some rice and yogurt. Don't do it, Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment