Monday, June 28, 2010

Do for others



So, I know no one but me reads this thing, so I'm going to tell on myself. It's good, don't worry.

My friend Andrea house sits a lot. She came to a house the other day, and the people said, oh, it's a little messy. Well, she took pictures of the kitchen, and it was absolutely disgusting. Every counter was covered in food and dirty kitchen supplies. It was really nasty. She works as an events manager, and had the biggest event of the year the next day. She was distraught.

During the event, she asked if I could go to the house and walk the dog. I got to the house, saw the kitchen, and immediately began to clean. I cleaned that thing top to bottom, removing caked on grime and grit. It sparkled when I was done.

That night, when she got home, she texted me and asked if it was clean when I got there. I said no, which was the truth. She texted back to say that the house cleaner must have been there and only cleaned the kitchen! It was nice to think that she didn't have to come home to that, and that she could relax in thinking it was someone whose job it was to clean that did it. I didn't want her to feel indebted to me for cleaning. And she'll never know it was the kitchen fairy who did it.

That feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment