Sunday, June 27, 2010

30 Days!



Yesterday was my birthday. 30 Days in the program; 30 days sober. I had to work a wine tasting event last night at the Zoo, and still, I didn't have to drink. I got to people watch and see everyone else be crazy, and I didn't have to drink. I got to walk around with my friends and taste lots of food, but I didn't have to drink.

I left early last night and went to grab my chip at the Island Fellowship. It's a rough and tumble biker meeting, but the speaker was wonderful and I was shaking with joy when I got up there.

My home meeting this morning also had chips, but no birthday cake. It didn't matter. I still got to stand up there a second time and show the world that I can do this. I can make it.

Today is a beautiful Sunday, and I still don't have to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment