Monday, January 10, 2011

229 is the magic number


229 days. That's how many days I have sober as of right now. 229. That's a lot of one day(s) at a time. That's a lot of vacations and work days, travel days and unemployed days. That's a lot of people I've seen and places I've been to. That's a lot of days.

In just these 229 days I've faced a lot of adversity and joy. I've faced moving and job loss, disappointments of all kinds and glorious setbacks. I've faced depression and overwhelming joy. I've been to weddings and holiday parties, church and AA meetings. I've reconnected with people and let everyone know I'm on this journey. I've stopped and started numerous things. I've been strong and I've been weak.

And it's over half way to 365 days. It's getting closer and closer. Soon it will be 365 days of continuous non-drinking (and at that time it will be 6 months of no smoking, too). What will happen between now and then? What will happen then? Only 136 more days can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment