Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Positive self talk


The enneagram book says some more neat things, but they have a list of things a two should tell themselves, and since I'm giving the book back tomorrow I thought I'd write um here for posterity, and such.

"I am as important as everyone else.

It is as important for me to receive love and help as to give them.

I will speak up for what I want.

I do not have to give to be loved.

It is important for me to spend some quality time by myself."

So true, all of these things. I am important, and I have needs that need to be met. I should surround myself with others who will give and not just take. I should start relationships with emotionally available people and not try to save people from something. It talks about codependency in the book, and saving people is a huge 2 thing. I totally do that. I find the lost puppies with anger problems and try to fix them. Look where that's gotten me.

It also says be aware your desire for sex may camouflage your need for attention and approval. That kinda stung when I read it. I know I use sex, but I was never sure for what. I suppose it is just a mechanism for knowing that people like me. Maybe that's why it's so frustrating that Adam won't sleep with me. I can't tell how he feels about me.

Wow, I'm glad I'm in therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment