Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Med delay


I just called the drug company that's shipping my meds and she said they should be here this week, even after the Homeland Security delay all the drugs have been having. She also told me about a "7 day stay" that you can get from any pharmacy. They'll give you 7 days of meds to get you through a gap like this, as long as your doc calls it in. So I'm going to call the doc and have him call the local pharmacy to give me a little layover. That should hold me until anytime this week they get here. She said they were expected to be delivered on the 6th, which means with the week delay it should be Wednesday or so. Not bad.

It's kind of ridiculous that it's taken almost a month for my drugs to get here. I'm glad I ordered when I did, or I would have been in real trouble. I'm already walking a very shaky line. One thing that sucks is if I call the doc and tell him I'm depressed, it won't matter. I can't go messing with my meds since I can a)not afford new ones or dosage changes b)wouldn't get new ones or dosage changes for a month anyway. So maintenance is all I've got right now.

Which means: I need to snap out of it. Right, telling a depressive to snap out of it is like telling someone with no legs to walk it off, but hell, I'll give anything a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment