Thursday, January 13, 2011

On a roll


I made it to another meeting today. I drove Ed to the airport and just decided to stop on the way home. It's one of those, "if the light is green I'll make the left and go to the meeting, but if it's red I'll make the right and go home." Light was green, so I went.

The guy who led had some serious issues going on in his life, but one thing he did reiterate for me from last night's meditation was that moment of pause. Instead of reacting immediately to something you have the opportunity to take a moment and pause, breathe, and reconsider your reaction. Instead of getting angry or hurt, you can just pause. I like that a lot. Jumping on the emotion and really investigating it's origins and if it's the appropriate reaction.

Andrea and her boyfriend are in town today, so it's off to guide them around the area and do some touristy stuff. Fun! I love exploring my own town.

No comments:

Post a Comment