Saturday, January 15, 2011

Holy crap its almost Sunday


This is what happens when you have friends in town: you totally lose track of what day it is, get fat, and forget to blog. I'm alive! I am, really. And fat. I've been to more restaurants this week than I have in the past 3 months. And really good restaurants, too. No McDonalds for this foodie; only the best. And I'm stuffed.

I've also been to a lot of bars. My friends make fun of me for getting a diet Coke every time, and encouraged me to branch out. So tonight I got coffee and a root beer. Look at me! Sober girl, testing out new drinks. I also almost gave some guy my number but hesitated too much and he walked away. I should be quicker on the draw. But it proved something to me: I can be spontaneous and silly on just caffeine (I have had a LOT of caffeine, but still). I don't have to be drunk to be the fun girl. I am still me without booze. The magic ingredient is getting out of the house and hanging out with friends.

Now, to find friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment