Tuesday, August 24, 2010

525 calories


I keep thinking I should be losing weight from quitting drinking. I mean, alcohol has a lot of sugar and calories, right? And if I was drinking a bottle or two a night, that's a lot of calories! In fact, a bottle of wine has about 525 calories. That's 1,050 calories a night some nights. And women my size only need about 1,900 to 2,000 calories a day to live. So the majority of my calories came from alcohol.

But it's not working out that way. At least I'm staying the same weight, but I'm sure not losing any. I suppose it's all the replacement sugar (read: cookies and ice cream) I'm eating to make up for it. That urge is starting to wear off, though, so perhaps it'll change soon. I'll be able to stop taking in so many calories through junk, and get back to eating fruits and veggies for the majority of my meals.

I'm still on Weight Watchers, but I haven't been really good about it. Plus, I've been a slacker with running. I finally ran this weekend, and my legs are now really pissed at me. So maybe I should do it more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment