Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eating, eating, all day long


It's time to get serious about weight loss again. My jeans are a little tight, though I just washed them, so that could be it. I hope.

I know I've talked about this, but I have an unhealthy relationship to food, too. I can eat and eat, and not even be hungry. I just eat because it's there or because it sounds good. And then I don't eat, and I don't eat, because I feel really guilty about eating too much.

When I lose weight I do it through Weight Watchers and try to do it right. I eat lots of fruits and veggies, but try to stay exactly on my calorie limit for the day, even though they give you extra weekly points. I also exercise for an hour a day, and 2 hours a day on weekends. I get a little obsessive about getting the weight off, and quickly.

I was a skinny kid, well, not skinny, but average. And then in sixth grade I started getting miserable and gained weight. And then in high school, when I look back, I got skinny and then fat again once I was on lithium. In college I bounced back and forth, too. When I look at pictures I think, "how skinny I was!" It's probably because the majority, almost all, of my calories came from beer and the rest from meals at 2am in Denny's. Real healthy during college, I know.

And now, I think I eat pretty well, except the occasional (read twice a week or so) gigantic cookie. And ice cream. But I'm sticking to my daily points kind of ok. WW gives you a points system to follow, and you just type in what you ate and it converts it to points. I get 19 points a day, which really isn't a lot of food if you eat junk. It's a ton if you eat veggies. So that's what I'll do. More veggies, more exercise, and try not to go overboard with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment