Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Michael can be a bastard


Michael, my ex-boyfriend and current friend, can be a real ass. We broke up for a reason, and that reason was I couldn't take it anymore. I finally came out of my depression and noticed all the mean things he said to me and all the chaos he was causing in my life. So I broke it off and moved out.

I have a few resentments against him, but I've got a major one I'll tell you about. He's got a really bad temper. Well, not really bad, but bad enough. One afternoon we were driving over to a friend's house for a party, and I was feeling especially annoying. I used to love to pick fights with him because he would get so frustrated and I could just laugh. So we started talking about the Iraq war. Big mistake.

My whole family on my mom's side is Army. They've fought in all the wars since WWII, and served in their retirement in many capacities. Michael started to talk about how all the military was stupid and evil, and I got a little pissed. I mean, I know the war was kinda stupid and fought for all the wrong reasons, but it's not the Armed Services' fault. They listen to their commander in chief, el presidente. I know you'll say, "but the Nazi's said they were just following orders, too!" but I don't buy it. It's not the same thing.

So we got into a huge argument. We started yelling at each other in the car, and all of a sudden he slammed my side of the car into a stop sign. Head on, into a stop sign. Luckily I'm obsessive about wearing my seat belt, and he wasn't going that fast. But he did damage to the front of his car. He got out, yelled in frustration, and got back in. All I could do was laugh. Dumbass broke his car out of anger. And the more I thought about it, I wondered what else he could do. He's a body builder, and a hell of a lot stronger and faster than me. Even at my heaviest he could throw me on his shoulder, and he's short, too.

I started to get a little scared of him, and so I left.

I know it's weird that we're still friends, but he's a hell of a lot nicer now, 3 years later, and I call him on his shit all the time. When he's mean, I tell him, even if there are other people around. I don't let him push me around.

Speaking of Michael, he's coming over to drive me to the airport. Let's hope no signs get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment