Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Know who's pumping your heart


Today we talked about loneliness in the meeting. I was really lonely in the beginning. I missed my dear buddy alcohol. He was my best friend, and steady companion. And now? I'm not so lonely. I've learned how to reach out to the fellowship of AA, and to be more in contact with people who love me, instead of isolating.

There's a guy there dealing with massive depression, and he had a relapse. I really relate to the feeling that depression will take you under and the only recipe for coming out is a drink, but it's such a falsity. Depression and alcohol don't go well together. They make each other worse; you feel more depressed, and seem to get drunk faster, or just drink more. I hope he hangs in there and I see him again next week.

Another guy said he talks to his HP all the time, and he needs to remember who's pumping his heart. He needs to remember that there is an HP out there somewhere who's just waiting to make a miracle happen, but will do it in his time. You can ask for help, you can ask for things, but God will make it happen when it's supposed to happen. You're right where you're supposed to be. Be where your feet are.

No comments:

Post a Comment