Monday, August 9, 2010

Debt sucks


It's hard to keep yourself under control when you're a little manic. I've been pretty bad with my finances this year, because I love to travel. I went to Europe for my birthday, and pretty much cleaned out my savings account, and then got home and got a $600 tattoo. I also have plane tickets to Glacier National Park, Charleston, SC, and home for Christmas. All these things add up to $4,000 I don't have. Since I got a car payment, I'm almost living paycheck to paycheck (I have a little left over at the end of the month).

So being manic and buying new shoes, two pair of pants, and new sweaters probably wasn't the greatest idea I could have had. But sometimes online shopping overtakes me. I just have to do it, and when someone accepts Discover, I'm all over it.

I just almost bought another plane ticket, but I think I'll wait and see if I can get some interviews to justify it. I don't want to go out there just to go out there.

When I'm feeling normal I pay off all my credit cards in full. I used to have a robust savings account, and would just pay everything off quickly. Then I bought a car, and so I started paying them off in 2 or 3 month installments. At this rate, I'll have that one paid off in... a long time. I did manage to pay off my Mastercard, though. There should be a term on credit cards that manic people can only get one and with a $3,000 limit. I think I could handle that. Instead, they keep raising my limit, and I keep spending the money....

Damnit! I so want to go home, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment