Monday, August 9, 2010

News on the job front


Talked to my dad tonight, and he asked why in the world I would want to come home. And you know? The real reason is I miss him. I miss having Sunday breakfast with him, or just coming over and sitting around watching TV (As long as it's not Fox news). When I'm home I spend most of my time on the couch with my dad. More than with my friends. I know if I moved home I would have a life of my own, but I would make time for my dad. As I get older, family seems to be getting more important.

And my mom. She's a real mom, now. Better late than never, as my dad said. She and I have set up boundaries and she's really respecting them. She gives me advice like a mom should. It would be nice to be there and build on our relationship.

And then there's all my friends and cousins. My cousin Roger is super excited about the prospect of me coming home. I think he just wants a built in babysitter. No, he thinks I'm cool. And then there's Adam. It would be nice to be around and be there for him when he needs me, and vice versa. It's one thing to talk on the phone every night, and another to be in someone's presence. And he gives the best hugs.

I talked to my mentor tonight, and he knows the director at one of the places I applied to. He's going to make a call, and hopefully that will lead to an interview. Fingers crossed, I could be home by October.

No comments:

Post a Comment