Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why smoking?


Who came up with smoking? "I'm going to light something on fire and breathe it!" "Good idea, man!"

According to WikiAnswers it was the American Indians. Thanks, guys.

I came up with smoking in high school. It's been my go-to buddy since I was 15. No wonder I'm having trouble quitting. My doc says my health plan has a really good program to quit, and it will let me down easy. I think I'm going to spend that $42 on the Commit lozenges and just bite the bullet. This year is the year of good changes for myself, and if I'm going to do it any year, it's got to be this one.

I know, I know, no changes in the first year. But like all the things in AA, this is but a suggestion. And when I'm on a kick, I have to take advantage of my motivation. So we'll try again once I get my ass to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment