Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Angry birds took my sleep



I totally forgot how satisfying it can be to play video games. Michael turned me on to this game called Angry Birds, and now I just can't stop playing it. It's nice to have something to go to when you can't sleep, and this is just as mindless as drinking but it's only making me frustrated and laugh instead of drunk.

I used to play video games as a kid. I had a Nintendo and would play baseball, Mario, and Bubble Bobble (look it up, it's awesome). I used to come home from school and my mom would be playing, and so I would pick up the other controller and together we would beat different games. It was fun to play, and to bond, and to space out. I suppose you learn all sorts of stuff from video games without knowing it, but I really just like the little puzzles.

I can't sleep. I just tried and laid down for an hour. All I got out of it was the urge to reply to an email I had been avoiding. It was my friend Roberta on the other coast asking me how my love life is. I was helping her plan a second date when she asked. I just didn't feel like replying, "The only person outside my family I ever see is Adam," and she knows the story, there. I replied, and told her I was just going to join a nunnery and live vicariously.

You know I haven't dated anyone in 3 years? It's strange. I've never been single this long. In fact, I was never single from the time of my first boyfriend until I broke up with Adam. And then I only had a few months before Michael and I started dating. But since Michael there's been no one. That's kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment