Saturday, January 1, 2011

Match?


My therapist thinks it's about time for me to stop pining, and start dating. Apparently it's unhealthy to think about your ex so much and "wait" for him to make a move. Sure, he kissed me, and we sleep in the same bed sometimes, but he's also the one who tells me not to overthink it, wonders why we have to talk about it, tells me he's dating. So whatever. I need to get over it and move on, right? He's had almost 5 months to say something besides "I don't know how I feel about you."

She suggested I do something like Match.com. Even if I don't meet "the one," maybe I can make some new friends from it. I did eHarmony last year on a bet from my aunt, and met a new friend (and some creeps). It was a fascinating experiment, but maybe if I took it seriously I could get something out of it. Only problem is, you have to sign up and pay for that stuff.

Other options? Well, there's always Meetup. I can join groups who do stuff, which would get me out of the house and meeting people. I need to make friends too, she says. That's one of her goals for me for the new year: make more friends. She's a smart cookie, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment