Thursday, December 30, 2010

Really? Do I have to quit?


Sigh. I've been sighing a lot lately. I know diet Coke isn't the best thing to drink, but I just read something that says it might be worse for people who have already messed up their livers. Of course, a lot of this article just sounds like fear-mongering, but there is evidence that aspartame is bad for you, and bad for weight-loss.

So is 2011 the year I quit drinking soda? It won't be that hard; I only started drinking sodas when I quit drinking booze. But I'm sure it will up my coffee intake. I drink coffee all day long, unless I'm drinking soda. I don't put sugar in it, but I do put fake, powdered creamer, which can't be good for you at all, but has no calories. No calories is more important when you're on your 6th cup of coffee. Even skim milk would put me at 2 glasses a day, which is good for you but bad for calorie counting.

I'm a little obsessive, I know, but my pants don't fit. Again, I should go for a run, but I'm not going to. Why? Because I'm lazy.

Anyway, I'm out of diet Coke right now and I may just not buy any more. I think I'll be fine without it. Instead, I'll try to start drinking water again. I used to drink a lot of water. I just always have to be drinking something. I have a wobbly wrist problem - I just like to tip it back and forth with some sort of liquid in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment