Saturday, January 1, 2011

Watch the day away


I miss my girls. On a day like this, the day after New Years, the four of us would be getting together to watch a marathon of our show. It's 6 seasons in, but usually we would pick a season and start again from the beginning, just for fun. We would cook breakfast at 7am, crack the champagne, and start watching. By 8 at night Jennifer would be asleep on the floor, Amanda would be drunk, Rebecca would have gone home, and I would be the last one actually watching. It's part of the obsessiveness. I think I was the only one ever really watching.

So today, I decided to do it myself. I woke up late and put on our show, season 1, episode 1, and started my movie marathon. I own all the seasons, and I copied them to my iPad, so I'm just sitting with it propped on my pillow. I did what we always did during the marathons - I did my toenails and fingernails. I drank coffee instead of champagne, and I ate popcorn instead of breakfast pizza, but it still felt like a little bit of "home."

I miss my old home a bit. I miss having my apartment, my dog, my car, my friends, a job. I'm lonely here. I suppose it would help if I left the house every now and again, or joined some sort of club, but I just don't have the energy right now. My meds are here, according to the note left on the mailbox, but the office downstairs is closed till Monday, so I can't get them. I'm not blaming this homesickness on lack of meds, but it's sure not helping.

I'm done feeling like I'm on vacation. I'm done with this. I need a job; something to do, somewhere to live where I can call it my own. I need a life of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment