Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Positive self harm


At least I'm turning to behavior that's not detrimental to my mental health, right? I'm thinking here about piercings and tattoos. It's just what I do when I need a little pain in my life. That, or I sleep with someone I shouldn't. What I really want to do is go out and find someone to have sex with, but instead I'm going to restart planning that next tattoo. Normally I would call Charlie and ask him for the first appointment, but I'm not going out there till March, so it will have to wait. I'll call him in the morning and book it, but what do I do till then?

I don't want any more ear piercings. I'm at the point where it still looks professional and normal, but one more and I'm crossing that line. I've already had my bellybutton and nipple pierced, and those went bye-bye after some time. I was just done with them. So, it looks like piercing is out of the question.

So, wait. I can't drink, smoke, have sex, get tattooed, pierced, or do drugs? What the hell else is there? That's right, I chose to sit with my feelings and work on myself instead of covering how I feel with substances of sorts. Great. And now I'm stuck with it. So in times of need where do I resort? I suppose it's time to figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment