Friday, January 21, 2011

Red Bull gives you wings


I just had a Red Bull at work and I feel 100% better. Really. It's like taking my meds, only it costs $2 a can instead of a pill. I bet if I bought a case of Red Bull it would be about the same as 30 pills of one of my meds. Ok, I'm probably WAY off, there, but maybe not by much. Both are pretty expensive. But it works! They even have studies to prove it:

"The findings clearly indicate that the mixture of three key ingredients of Red Bull Energy Drink used in the study (caffeine, taurine, glucuronolactone) have positive effects upon human mental performance and mood."

It also helps that I'm listening to mood enhancing music. A little punk and some classic rock - all good stuff I can sing and dance to.

The meds still haven't come, so I'm glad I stopped panicking and gave up a while ago. I think I can survive off of caffeine and sheer determination until I get the meds thing sorted out. You figure I won't even potentially start a new med until this time next week, and they take about a week to kick in, and then we won't even know for a few weeks whether or not those meds are going to work for me. I hate the trying on process of meds. I just want to feel better, not mess around with different drugs until I magically feel a difference. I worry, too, about running out of options. I've been on a lot of different types and combinations of drugs, and what if I become drug resistant? Silly to think, but in the back of my head nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment