Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mental health vacation


I wish I had health insurance. I know I've said it before: sometimes I wish I could just go into the mental hospital for a while and get treatment. They could mess with my meds; I could have full blown crazy attacks without fear of hurting myself or scaring others; I could do crazy people art. Of course, if I had health insurance I probably wouldn't be at the point where I need a little hospital time.

"The average stay at a psychiatric hospital costs $8100. The average length of stay is 6.6 days. So average cost is, $1227 per day." I believe it. Hospitals are super expensive. I bet it's more around here, since this probably takes in cheaper areas as well. It really makes it not worth it. Which is sad.

Sometimes you just want to let your crazy loose, you know/ It's hard being normal all the time. It's really hard keeping yourself in line - monitoring every action and move for signs of too up or too down. When you know you're one or the other, forcing yourself to do things that will bring you back to normal. It's sucks being responsible. I hate that I'm depressed and instead of being able to mope and scream and cry I have to work and go out with friends and make new friends. I wish I could just be the mess I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment