Wednesday, September 8, 2010

104 days in a row


It's been 104 days since I quit drinking. It's September, that was May, so I've spent an entire summer sober. I've been through camping trips, pool parties, holidays, and more, and I haven't had to drink at any of them. I've flown, and had stress, and done all the other things I used to do while drinking - and I haven't. How amazing. How amazing that one can live their life free of alcohol and still have a good time? Who knew I could still be fun to be around, and others could be, too. Who knew just how much I influenced my friends drinking. They've all started drinking less, or less often. I believe I was the instigator, which is common in alcoholics. "Drink with me!"

104 days. That's almost a third of a year. That's the longest I think I've ever been without some sort of illegal drug or alcohol in my system. And everything is clearer now. My thoughts are clearer, my skin is clearer, my senses are clearer. It really was like a fog was lifted from me. It doesn't mean I enjoy it all the time; hiding from your emotions is just part of my programming; but now I get that choice, and I choose to deal with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment