Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another reason to get back on the treadmill


"Besides burning calories, exercise restores the sensitivity of neurons involved in the control of satiety (feeling full), which in turn contributes to reduced food intake and consequently weight loss."

Sigh. The gym reopened on Monday, and I still haven't been up (it's only Wednesday). I did hike 14 miles up and then down a mountain last weekend, and ran every weekend before that, so that's something. But one workout a week isn't going to cut it. I keep telling myself I'm going to do it. I make up little scenarios in my head. "Get up, run, shower, go to work." Ennnt. Not gonna happen. "Go to work, run, eat lunch." Sigh. Not happening. I'm so hungry lately, but I know working out will make me more, and then less hungry. Apparently it will make me realize I'm full, as well.

Anyway, off to go get a burrito for lunch. And not work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment