Thursday, September 9, 2010

Check up


On some of the blogs I read (see sidebar) there's been a lot of depression lately, so I just wanted to provide a check in.

I feel fine! Not great, not low, just fine. I feel almost normal, whatever that is. I think I'm getting sick, but not depression sick, just flu sick. Which is probably from camping in 36 degree weather. I'm also getting a little impatient about this job thing. Another 2 weeks? Seriously? That puts me into October to get back home, but it also puts me at 5 months sober, which is a good thing.

This feeling of stability is new to me. I'm not used to feeling just normal, and it kind of scares me. Where's the up? Where's the down? Is this what life feels like? I kinda like it. I can laugh at funny things, and want to cry at sad things, and not have to do one or the other. I hope this feeling lasts for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment