Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why is all news so depressing?


Now those sleeping pills can kill you, too.

"Both sleeping pills and anti-anxiety drugs can affect a person's alertness and co-ordination, which could make them more prone to falls and other accidents.

Another theory is that they interfere with the breathing system and affect any breathing problems as the person sleeps.

The medicines also work on the central nervous system, possibly increasing the risk of suicide."


We all knew there was an increased risk of suicide in anti-anxiety drugs, as there is in most drugs people take for depression, which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. But now sleeping pills might be responsible for premature death.

I take Seroquel when I'm super anxious, and it does effect my coordination and sometimes makes me sleepy on the road. This could lead to all sorts of fatal falls and accidents, which is why I only take it occasionally. There's got to be something else out there that won't put me to sleep when I'm anxious, or make me loopy, but I suppose that's the part of the brain they work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment