Monday, December 13, 2010

Health insurance and jobs


I just canceled the "health insurance" I have, which as you know from previous posts, doesn't do anything. It is a prescription discount card, which discounted my $2,000 medication by $200. Still completely unaffordable. So instead of paying $200 a month for "insurance" I'll pay $967 every 3 months for prescriptions. It all about evens out, huh? Still highway robbery. I'd better get a job soon, or I'll run out of credit card space.

Speaking of money and jobs, I have 3 more interviews this week. One in the City, and one in two in a nearby northern state. One is close to my family up north, but far from any major town. It would be a tough dating situation, and I'm not sure I would want to do it. The other is at a premier organization, in a cool town, near my uncle.

I've had so many job interviews this year, and I just wish one of them would pan out. I'd like the ones farther away, I think. Not that this town isn't awesome, but the more I think about it, the better it was to be a little farther away from home. I love the people here, but it really does obligate me to spend a lot of time with them, and a lot of energy chasing my old friends.

We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment